If you need a beautiful but simple cookie with springtime colors, try these Lemon Curd Cookie Cups. I think they would be perfect for Valentine's Day, Easter or Mother's Day.
You can use any flavor of citrus curd, though lemon is probably the best known. I made some gorgeous pinkish orange Blood Orange Curd and used it for half of the cookies. A pale pink grapefruit curd would be delicious too. Or maybe a nice pale green lime curd for St. Patrick's Day.
[clickToTweet tweet="Beautiful natural hues and creamy citrus taste make these easy cookies a wonderful treat any time of year. #cookies #lemon #orange" quote="Beautiful natural hues and creamy citrus taste make these easy cookies a wonderful treat any time of year. " theme="style2"]
Lemon Curd Cookie Cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cups butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon or orange curd
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt until fluffy.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Divide into two discs, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of dough into the cups of a mini muffin tin. leaving a well in the center.
- Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on wire racks.
- Fill cups with curd and decorate as desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)**
**Amanda from The Mommy Mix (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thank you for hosting such a fun party each week. I think parties are the best social media strategy around!! I linked my Irish Soda Bread, St Paddy’s Collection and BBQ Beef Brisket Shepherds Pie for the Crock Pot. I hope you enjoy them. Have a happy week! #OverTheMoon #WWBlogHop #ThursdayFavoriteThings