Low Carb Ricotta Herb Dip is great as a dip for vegetables, crackers or chips or as a spread for sandwiches.
I accidentally bought the wrong kind of milk the other day. Instead of throwing it out as my husband wanted, I made ricotta cheese. It is ridiculously easy if you follow this recipe from Ina Garten, and let it sit at least 10 minutes before straining (she says 1 minute).
Or skip that step and just buy some ricotta at the store.
Use any combination of fresh herbs you have on hand. I used basil and chives, but you can also use oregano, rosemary, dill, etc.
The recipe calls for preserved lemons,which are simply lemons that have been cured in salt. The salt draws out the water, magnifying the lemon taste. You can use fresh lemon zest if you prefer.
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped ((any combination of basil, chives, oregano, rosemary, parsley, etc.))
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 piece preserved lemon, finely chopped (or freshly grated lemon zest)
- salt, pepper and more olive oil to taste
- Whip ricotta, milk and olive oil until smooth.
- Stir in fresh herbs, garlic and lemon.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Add salt, pepper and additional olive oil as needed just before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.