Passion Tea Lemonade is a refreshing blend of floral fruit and hint of warm spices perfect for quenching your summer thirst.
This recipe was inspired by Starbucks popular passion tea lemonade. However, this version skips the refined sugar entirely in favor of honey which plays up the subtle lemongrass and cinnamon flavors.
What kind of tea to use for Passion Tea Lemonade
Starbucks uses Teavana Passion Tango tea which according to their website is
"WATER, HIBISCUS FLOWERS, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CINNAMON, APPLE, LICORICE ROOT, LEMONGRASS, FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT"
Starbucks owns Teavana now and the closest you can buy at the store is Hibiscus Spice.
But there are a variety of similar teas you can use instead such as: Tazo Passion Tea or Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger.
More Copycat Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
With prices sky high these days, making your restaurant favorites at home is a great way to enjoy the same taste at a fraction of the cost. Give these copycat recipes a try.
- Cheesecake Factory Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes from Jen Around the World
- Copycat Crumble Sugar Cookie Recipe from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein from Palatable Pastime
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Chicken Fingers from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Homemade Blizzards from Art of Natural Living
- Lighter Chicken Bellagio (The Cheesecake Factory Copycat) from The Spiffy Cookie
- Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing from Family Around the Table
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad from Magical Ingredients
- Truffle Smashburger from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Passion Tea Lemonade
- 5 ¼ cups water (divided use)
- 4 flavored hibiscus tea bags (see note)
- ¼ cup honey (preferably local)
- 4 inch lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice (to serve)
- Fresh lemon slices (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Bring four cups water to a bowl in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes.
- Prepare infused simple syrup: combine ¼ cup water, honey, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill chilled glasses with ice then add the sweetened tea mixture. Add garnish (optional) and serve.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Summer Sips Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
Leave a Reply