This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bake N Serv. I have received promotional items for the preparation of this post. All recipes and thoughts are my own.
Pepperoni Cheese Bread is a hearty homemade bread studded with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. And you can bake it in a slow cooker without waiting for it to rise!
Did you know you could make bread in a slow cooker? It is so simple and it frees up your oven for other things. Or lets you enjoy homemade bread when you don't have an oven for 2 months because of a kitchen remodel... #truestory #stilltryingtoforgetthemess #butilovemynewkitchen
This recipe is a variation of the West Virginia Pepperoni Rolls I have made before. Instead of wrapping the pepperoni and cheese in the bread dough, I chopped it all up and rolled it together into one loaf and then putting it in the slow cooker to rise and bake in one step.
National Slow Cooker Month
I made this as part of #NationalSlowCookerMonth, a week long celebration with some of my favorite food bloggers to share the joys of slow cooker cooking.h3>Thursday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Minestrone by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Crockpot Pork Stew by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pepperoni Cheese Bread by That Recipe
Slow Cooker Week Giveaway
And to further celebrate Slow Cooker Month, we have a little giveaway, thanks to our amazing sponsors: Rhodes Bake n Serv Bread, Camellia Beans and Banza Pasta.
Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry.
Rhodes Bake N Serv
The folks at Rhodes made this recipe even easier. I am not afraid of making my own yeast dough, but having ready to bake loaves on hand in the freezer makes it so much faster (and less messy) to enjoy freshly baked bread in a few hours.
I will be using at least one of the other loaves for pizza dough. And I think my son is addicted to their cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. We baked half of a bag and Dad and I each got one, he ate the other 4!
You can purchase Rhodes products at most major markets and I highly recommend keeping them on hand.
Rhodes website- facebook - instagram - pinterest - youtube
Pepperoni Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf Rhodes Bake N Serv White or Wheat dough (thawed, but still cold)
- 2-4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 2-4 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into slices)
- Spray an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place thawed dough, pepperoni and cheese on a cutting board and chop everything into pieces until the cheese and pepperoni are as small as you would like.
- Roll it all together and shape into a loaf again. Place in the bread pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the center of the crock of a 5-6 quart slow cooker and turn to high. Cover and let bake for 90 minutes.
- Since all slow cookers cook differently, and the air temperature and starting temperature of the dough can all effect cooking times, start checking the bread after about 90 minutes. Mine needed just over two hours.
- Bread cooked in a slow cooker will not brown on top like oven baked bread. If desired you can remove the loaf from the slow cooker and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to give it more color.
Leave a Reply