Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad combines a few basic but flavorful ingredients into an amazing salad.
This salad is a wonderful blend of flavors from the sweet roasted pears to the peppery arugula and creamy blue cheese topped with a beautiful balsamic glaze
Though it takes a bit of time to roast the pears, it is definitely worth it for the enhanced sweetness and slightly softer texture.
This Roasted Pear Salad would complement any meal including beef, chicken or fish.
More Pear Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
This week we are sharing our favorite pear recipes to help you enjoy this fabulous fruit.
The Perfect Pear Recipe
- Cinnamon Baked Pears by Making Miracles
- Easier Pear Frangipane Tart by Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Cookie Pear Bars by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pear Dumpling by Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Pear Salad with Blue Cheese by That Recipe
- 2 ripe red or green pears (cored and cut into equal-size wedges)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups arugula (washed and dried)
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Arrange pear wedges on the baking sheet, leaving space in between to prevent overcrowding. Lightly brush each pear slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast pears for 30-40 minutes flipping pears halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While pears are roasting, add 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until is reduced to ⅓ cup.
- To serve, divide arugula, roasted pear slices and blue cheese between 4 plates. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
More Seasonal Salads
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!