No need to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy a turkey dinner. This fabulous Smokey Turkey Breast can be made in the pressure cooker in about 30 minutes, or 7 hours in a slow cooker. Either way it is an easy meal, perfect for weeknights.
I have a stovetop pressure cooker, an electric pressure cooker and a programmable slow cooker. <-- those are affiliate links to the products I have purchased, any purchases made through those links may make me a few pennies to support this blog.
All three can be used to make this.
This time around I used the InstaPot, but I have made it in the slow cooker in the past. The key to both methods is to brown the breast before cooking or it ends up pale and pasty looking. It adds about 5-10 minutes to the work time but it is worth it in the end.
Does it taste like it has been cooked for hours in a smoker? No, but it does have a nice mild smoke flavor to it. If you want a more intense smoke flavor to it, marinade overnight in a mixture of red wine vinegar, olive oil and liquid smoke. I was going for fast this time around.
[clickToTweet tweet="Flavorful easy bone-in Smokey Turkey Breast in a pressure cooker in about 30 minutes. #turkey #pressurecooker" quote="Flavorful easy bone-in Smokey Turkey Breast in a pressure cooker in about 30 minutes." theme="style2"]
- 3-5 pound bone in turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Rub turkey breast with seasoned salt.
- pressure cooker: Turn cooker to saute (or medium high heat) and heat olive oil. slow cooker: In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Brown the turkey breast skin side down for approximately 5-7 minutes. You want it to have a nice deep brown color.
- Flip the turkey over (place in slow cooker if using). Pour the liquid smoke over the turkey breast.
- pressure cooker: Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure. Check that the internal temperature of the turkey has reached 165 degrees. If it has not, return to pressure and cook another 5 minutes. slow cooker: Insert temperature probe (if your cooker has one) and cook to 165 degrees. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours (time will vary based on the size of the turkey breast and the cooker.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.