Are you ready for a tremendously flavorful, yet easy to make, salad dressing? This Tea Infused Salad Dressing can be used with any flavor of tea and mixed and matched with all kinds of wonderful salads from a traditional lettuce based to pasta to brown rice salad like I did here.
I got the original idea from a box of Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea (affiliate link!). And it hit me, you can make it with any flavor tea. So I went to my cupboard and pulled out a few.
Since I was going with brown rice and salmon, I chose the mint. Mmmmm! Awesome choice.
Homemade salad dressings are cheaper and healthier than any store bought version. Plus, you can adjust it to your tastes. I like a 50:50 ratio of vinegar and oil, the original recipe was a 2:3 ratio which is a bit too oily for me. I only added about a teaspoon of honey for this salad and that was all the sweetening it needed for me. With another type of salad it may need a bit more.
And talk about easy, steep the tea bags in the vinegar for about 20 minutes, then shake it up and serve. I think my 7 year old could handle that, if he ate salads....
[Tweet "Tea Infused Salad Dressings - easy homemade vinaigrette flavored with tea. #salad #healthyeating"]
Creative K Kids' Tasty Tuesdays now has 6 permanent hosts!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at [email protected] You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 amCentral Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
Until next time, happy eating.
Easy Peasy Life Matters
Thanks so much for hosting such a great link up! Hope you have a fantastic week 🙂
Oh, I need to go see your recipe. I have been intrigued by Forbidden Rice since I saw it at the store a few months ago.