This flavorful Tomato and Pesto Chicken uses the best tastes of summer and cooks up in under 30 minutes so you have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the warm evenings, even on a weeknight.
You can use store bought if you want, but I highly recommend taking the 5 extra minutes to make your own pesto with fresh basil. Personally, I found pre-made pesto a bit too oily.
For more quick and easy dinners, join today (for FREE!) and get access to this book, plus other subscriber only recipes
Tomato Pesto Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3-4 ounces prepared basil pesto
- 2-3 large roma tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil.
- If chicken breasts are thick and uneven, place in a plastic bag and pound to about ½ inch thick with a mallet (I use my rolling pin). Place on baking dish.
- Evenly spread basil pesto over each chicken piece and place tomato slices. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Thanks for hosting! This week I am bringing more goodness from my home to your table. A delicious Navy Bean Salad kicks off the list. Then an Amish Pasta Salad salad for a cold light summer lunch. To round off the menu is a simple and juicy Fresh Melon Salad to brighten your table and taste buds as well! Enjoy!