These decadent Triple Chocolate Muffins are loaded with rich chocolate taste but are actually lower in fat and sugar than traditional chocolate muffins.
J got it in his head that he wanted to make muffins. At first he told me he wanted strawberry, but I convinced him Daddy likes chocolate muffins the best.
The key to a moist and tender muffin is not to overmix or overbake. This can be tricky with young sous chefs because mixing is one of the most fun parts. Be sure they only mix until moistened.
I really liked this recipe's method of starting them in a hot oven to get that quick rise and then finishing at a cooler temperature.
Be careful when baking them. You want to take them out when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with bits of crumbs on it. You do not want to see any uncooked batter nor do you want is to come out clean as with most baked goods.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ oz 60% bittersweet chocolate chips (or chocolate bar finely chopped)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cups 2% reduced fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine butter and bittersweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl; whip with a whisk until well combined.
- Fold melted chocolate and liquid ingredients into flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° for 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Do not overbake!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.