Wine and Cheese Muffins are a simple savory muffin made with your favorite white wine and cheese combination. Delicious for brunch or dinner.
Adding wine and cheese to a basic muffin mix is a quick and easy thing to do. And it is so delicious!
I made mine with a local Sauvignon Blanc and some Gruyere. But you can use any combination you want. You probably want to stick with a white wine, but red could give the muffins a nice pink hue.
For cheese, I recommend selecting a nice melting cheese that pairs with whatever wine you have chosen: cheddar, gruyere, swiss, muenster, provolone, asiago, even monterey jack or mozzarella could be good.
More Brunch Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
The Our Family Table Bloggers have brunch on the brain with the these delicious recipe ideas:
More Great Brunch Recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Egg from Making Miracles
- Chicken Chilaquiles from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chorizo Eggs Benedict with Chipotle Hollandaise from Sweet Beginnings
- Eggs Benedict with Asparagus from Art of Natural Living
- Everything but the Bagel Breakfast Pockets from Books n' Cooks
- Hash Brown Potato Pie from Family Around the Table
- Rose Mimosa from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Rosemary, Ham, and Parmesan Cheese Scones from Blogghetti
- Spicy Huevos Grilled Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Spinach and Bacon Quiche with Swiss and Gruyere from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Tapioca Pearl Stir-fry/Sabudana Kichdi/Javvarisi Upma from Magical Ingredients
- Wine and Cheese Muffins from That Recipe
Wine and Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup white wine, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese (e.g.: cheddar, gruyere, provolone, muenster)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8 -10 tins of a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Add egg to the well, lightly beat egg with a fork or whisk until white and yolk are mostly combined.
- Add wine and melted butter and fold until ingredients are just mixed. Fold in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400°F until lightly golden on top.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cheese Muffin Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!