I recently took my sourdough starter out of hibernation to share with a friend. When I directed her to the recipes I have up on the site I realized I was missing one of the most basic: Sourdough Waffles and/or Sourdough Pancakes.
Oh, twist my arm to have to make some to take photos. No one in this house will object, we love them.
These are ridiculously simple to make, add some egg, sugar and oil to sourdough starter mix in a dash of baking soda and cook like any other pancake or waffle. The waffles come out so incredibly crispy and light, and the pancakes are thin tangy circles of love!
To make sourdough you need sourdough starter. The best way to get starter is to see if a friend already has some and is willing to share with you like I was. You only need a few tablespoons added to some flour and water and soon you will have a beautiful bubbling pot.
I could write out directions for the care and feeding of sourdough starter, but the folks at Sourdough Home have already said everything I would say. If you don’t have a friend with starter, don’t worry, they have directions for starting your own. It will take awhile to get your starter nice and tangy, but you will have it forever if you care for it properly.
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays now has 6 permanent hosts!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 amCentral Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
Until next time, happy eating.