Do you or your guests need a dairy free eggnog for your holiday gathering? Try this easily adaptable recipe.
I made this recipe as part of our Crazy Ingredient Challenge. Each month the CIC bloggers vote on ingredients from two different lists and create a recipe with them. The winners this month were rice and nutmeg. Not much of a challenge actually. We have had tougher. Be sure to scroll past the recipe to see what the other bloggers came up with this month.
I almost went with rice pudding, but I am running out of time this holiday season and we really do not need another dessert in the house. So, instead I found this recipe for homemade rice milk from Don’t Waste the Crumbs and just went from there.
I thought the rice milk was a little weak, especially if I am going to make rich creamy eggnog with it, so I mixed the rice milk with some almonds in the blender and strained that. Much creamier.
- use store bought dairy free milk (or use dairy milk and cream)
- sweeten with honey, maple syrup or ground dates
- for a vegan alternative use a vegan egg substitute or a mushy banana (or leave out completely)
- mix with alcohol or don’t
- serve with the amazing Gingerbread Biscotti I posted a few hours ago. 😉