Treat friends and family (or yourself) to these decadent tasting Almond Chocolate Truffles. They are easy to make with ingredients and equipment you probably have in your kitchen right now.
These truffles came about when I needed a little homemade gift for a friend at the last minute. I modified my mother-in-law's Sour Cream Mocha Truffles recipe, which are also delightful, especially if you like coffee.
What type of chocolate should you use for Almond Chocolate Truffles?
Because of the sour cream and butter, I went with stronger less sweet dark chocolate. They were definitely chocolatey without being overly sweet, which is something I love.
These are not sugar free, but are very low in sugar, especially if you use dark chocolate chips.
If you want them a bit sweeter, go for semi-sweet chips or add a little sugar to the pan when melting the chocolate. Start with just a tablespoon or two and taste it before adding more.
More Chocolate Recipes
- Chicken Mole Tacos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Almond Truffles from That Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Soft Pretzels from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Valentine Marshmallow Pops from Devour Dinner
Almond Chocolate Truffles
- 12 ounce semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 7-8 ounce plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- ½ cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped almonds
- In medium saucepan, mix chocolate and ¼ cup of yogurt. Stir over low heat just until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter a few pieces at a time. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Add most of the remaining yogurt - reserving about ¼ cup.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours (or overnight) until firm. Add additional yogurt if mixture is to thick to scoop easily.
- Shape into balls and chill for about 20 -30 minutes.
- Roll balls in chopped almonds. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Easy Candy Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
These look so good and I love that you used Greek yogurt!
These would be the perfect bite of sweet for after dinner!
Truffles are always so delicious. I love the chocolate and almond combination. It's one of my faves. I've never used yogurt for truffles. Totally trying this.
I have never tried truffles with yogurt, but this sound very intersting and delicious to try.