Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
This is an old recipe from my mom's original version of That Recipe. Though she baked it in the oven (375 degrees for about 45 minutes). I opted for the pressure cooker/ broil method so I didn't heat up the kitchen quite so much.
What are Aromatic Bitters?
Aromatic bitters is a flavorful liquid infusion of aromatics, flowers, herbs and spices in an alcohol base. It is most often used as a flavoring agent for cocktails such as a Manhattan or Old Fashion.
For a mocktail you can add it soda water for an Ango Soda.
Yes, there is alcohol in bitters. But, in this recipe you are using 1 tablespoon for 6-8 servings, and some of that cooks off. The resulting alcohol is negligible per serving.
What kind of chicken should I use for Aromatic Lemon Chicken?
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use a whole chicken, a cut up whole chicken , all chicken breasts or all chicken thighs with or without bones.
The difference is the amount of pressure cooking time, from 6 minutes for boneless thighs or breasts up to 32 minutes for a whole chicken.
Boneless chicken pieces are a great convenience because they cook faster and you don't pay for the inedible bones, but you pay for that. Chicken with bones weigh more but costs significantly less per pound.
While the bones are "inedible", you can use them to make your own chicken stock that costs nothing more than a few extra quarts of water. So, you technically get two products for the price of one.
Lemon Week Recipes and Giveaway
Check out all of the delicious recipes the other Lemon Week bloggers are sharing today:
Monday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Fresh April Flours
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Feta by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream by Blogghetti
- Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Egg Lemon Soup with Spinach by Art Of Natural Living
- Lemon Shortbread Bars by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Butter Salmon by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Curd by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Curd Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Donuts by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Fruit Dip by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lemonade Bundt Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Gluten-Free Lemon Almond Cake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Creamy Lemon Basil Shrimp Pasta by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Cupcakes by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- 15 Minute Lemon Pasta by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Cheesecake by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon Smoothie by Home Cooked Harvest
- Aromatic Lemon Chicken by That Recipe
- Lemon Pound Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Muffins with Lemon Drizzle by Jonesin’ For A Taste
- Lemon Garlic Pasta by Magical Ingredients
- 3 to 3 ½ pound chicken whole, bone-in pieces
- 2 to 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon aromatic bitters
- 1 cup water
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- Place trivet in pressure cooker and add 1 cup water.
- Slice lemons thinly and remove all seeds.
- Sprinkle all sides of the chicken with bitters and sprinkle with black pepper (optional). Place on trivet in pressure cooker
- Cover the chicken with lemon slices (and stuff in the cavity for whole chicken).
- Seal the lid and cook at high pressure:whole chicken, 8 minutes a poundbone in chicken pieces, 12 minutesboneless chicken pieces, 6-8 minutes
- Keep pressure cooker closed for 8 minutes after cooking, then release the remaining pressure.
- Place chicken (in a single layer for pieces) on a broiler pan with some of the lemon slices. Broil on high until the chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
Aromatic Lemon Chicken
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Until next time, happy eating!