Tired of the same old burgers? Spice up your grilling routine with this crave-worthy bacon and blue cheese burger.
This decadent recipe will tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. The perfect balance of salty, savory, and tangy flavors make this burger unique and delicious.
Rich and creamy blue cheese creates a luxurious contrast to the smoky and crispy bacon while fresh herbs add a splash of freshness. Each bite is sure to be an umami-filled delight.
With this easy-to-follow bacon and blue cheeseburger recipe, you can enjoy a gourmet meal right in your own backyard.
Tips for Bacon and Blue Cheeseburgers
Frozen preformed hamburger patties are convenient, but they are often very thin making medium rare burgers a challenge. And, let's be honest, the burger itself is bland.
These burgers require a bit more effort. A whopping 5 more minutes to mix up the ingredients and shape the patties. Trust me, it is worth your time.
You could go all ground beef, or all pork, but the combination of the two results in better flavor and texture. And using sausage instead of plain ground pork adds even more flavor.
I highly recommend the smear of mayo on the buns before toasting, even for people that don't care for mayonnaise. This is what I use for my grilled cheese sandwiches and the difference between the oil (mayo) and butter makes a difference in a nice evenly toasted bread.
More Burger Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Fire up the grill and enjoy these magnificent burger recipes.
Best Burger Recipes
- Bacon and Blue Burgers from That Recipe
- Cheetos Cheeseburgers from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mushroom Swiss Burger from Art of Natural Living
- Spicy Red Curry Burger from Palatable Pastime
- Tennessee Burger with Bourbon and BBQ Sauce from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Bacon and Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 pounds regular ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup white onion (very finely minced or grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (very finely minced or grated)
- 3 tablespoon fresh rosemary (stems removed and leaves finely minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 16 bacon slices, cooked (or crumbled cooked bacon)
- 4-8 ounce blue cheese crumbles
- 8 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, approximately
- Optional: lettuce, tomato, onions, avocado, barbecue sauce, etc. for serving
- Clean grill grates and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all burger ingredients to a large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Divide into 8 equal parts and shape each part into ¾ inch thick patties. Place patties on a lined tray and use your thumb to create an indent in the middle to keep them from puffing up while cooking.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the inside of the buns.
- Cook patties over direct, high heat on your grill for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Final cooking time will depend on desired level of doneness and how thick you make each patty.
- Place the buns on the grill and toast for a few minutes until lightly brown.
- Place burgers on the buns, top with bacon and blue cheese immediately off the grill. Let dinners add other toppings as desired.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Burger Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!