You may not recognize the name Bao (or Baozi), but you have probably seen them in many a Chinese restaurant. Often called steamed buns in English, these delicious sandwiches consist of a soft fluffy dough filled with sweet or savory filling.
In honor of National Bao Day, I thought I'd gather up some unique recipes for this easy and delicious sandwich.
From Top to Bottom
Pork, Mushroom and Boiled Egg Buns from That Recipe
Char Siu Bao from the Woks of Life
Traditional Pork Belly Bao from Kitchen Confidante
Bao Bun Tacos with Gochujang Chicken Recipe and Banh Mi Slaw from Billy Parisi
Pulled Chicken with Chinese Pickle and Peanuts Bao from Lady and Pup
Korean BBQ Tofu Bao from Milk and Cardamom
Vegan Bao Buns with Pulled Jackfruit from Lazy Cat Kitchen
Easy Spicy Asian Popcorn Shrimp Bao from The Flavor Bender
Custard Buns (or Milk Yolk Buns) from China Sichuan Food
Gai Mei Bao - Chinese Coconut Buns from Priya's Versatile Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.