Caesar Salad is incredible simple, yet oh so delicious. One little tip though, you might not want to mention the anchovies to most people. Or maybe that is just my husband and son that wouldn’t touch it if they knew.
The traditional salad is quite simple with just lettuce, cheese and croutons. I like to add in some leftover chicken for those “too hot to cook” nights.
Health Tip: Since the dressing uses a raw egg in this, be sure to use the healthiest (safest) egg you can. What exactly that is depends on who you ask so I am not going to outline the differences between cage free, pasturized, pastured, organic, etc. Do what you think is best.
The Classic Caesar Salad is both simple and delicious. #recipes #healthyeatingClick To Tweet
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 can flat anchovies
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil approximate
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup garlic croutons
- grated Parmesan Cheese
- Tear lettuce in bite sized pieces.
- Drain anchovies reserving oil. Finely chop anchovies.
- Add enough olive oil to reserved anchovy oil to make 1/4 cup.
- Mix anchovies, egg, oil, lemon juice and garlic thoroughly, preferably in a shaker or jar.
- Add croutons to lettuce and pour dressing mix over all. Toss. Sprinkle Parmesan over salad to taste. Toss again and serve.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.