This Asian Sesame Noodle Slaw is a great dish to serve at your next cookout or pair it with some of your favorite Asian dishes.
I happened to have a large kohlrabi in the fridge the other day and decided to swap it for the cabbage in this recipe. It gave this a nice extra crunch, but cabbage is equally delicious.
It only takes a few minutes to whip up, especially if you have a food processor to do your grating. But it should sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
[click_to_tweet tweet="Serve this Asian Sesame Noodle Slaw at your next barbecue or with your favorite Asian dishes. #coleslaw #healthyrecipe #barbecuesidedish" quote="Serve this Asian Sesame Noodle Slaw at your next barbecue or with your favorite Asian dishes. " theme="style2"]
Sesame Noodle Slaw
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (or kohlrabi)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ - ½ cup thinly sliced green onions (3 or 4)
- 3 ounce package chicken-flavor ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- In a small saute pan, toast almonds over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, green onions, and almonds.
- Break noodles into small pieces. Sprinkle onto salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the seasoning packet from the ramen and all of the salad dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad and toss gently. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.