These Bacon and Blue Cheese Burgers start with layers of flavor mixed into the burger and finish with bacon and blue cheese crumbles on top.
Yes, frozen preformed hamburger patties are convenient, but they are often very thin making medium rare burgers a challenge. And let's be honest the burger itself is bland.
These burgers require a bit more effort, maybe 5 minutes to mix up the ingredients and shape the patties, but it is definitely worth it.
I highly recommend the smear of mayo on the buns before toasting, even for people that don't care for mayonnaise. The oil versus butter gives it a quick crispy brown texture. Just watch them carefully so you don't burn them (don't ask).
Since you are making extra flavorful burgers, you may want to consider some extra flavorful Pesto Fries on the side. Easy and amazing...
Bacon and Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 pounds regular ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup white onion (very finely minced or grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (very finely minced or grated)
- 3 tablespoon fresh rosemary (stems removed and leaves finely minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 16 bacon slices, cooked (or crumbled cooked bacon)
- 4-8 ounce blue cheese crumbles
- 8 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, approximately
- Optional: lettuce, tomato, onions, avocado, barbecue sauce, etc. for serving
- Clean grill grates and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all burger ingredients to a large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Divide into 8 equal parts and shape each part into ¾ inch thick patties. Place patties on a lined tray and use your thumb to create an indent in the middle to keep them from puffing up while cooking.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the inside of the buns.
- Cook patties over direct, high heat on your grill for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Final cooking time will depend on desired level of doneness and how thick you make each patty.
- Place the buns on the grill and toast for a few minutes until lightly brown.
- Place burgers on the buns, top with bacon and blue cheese immediately off the grill. Let dinners add other toppings as desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.