Artisan Blue Cheese Sourdough Bread is a simple sourdough boule loaded with fragrant blue cheese inside and out.
This picture popped up in a text message from my brother recently. Unfortunately, he lives across the country so I couldn’t just drop in to sneak a bite. Fortunately, he was kind enough to share the recipe.
The best place to obtain sourdough starter is from someone that already has some. Trust me, people with sourdough starters love to share and will give you lots of tips and recipes to go along with the starter.
If you do not have anyone that can give you some, head over to Sourdough Home for instructions on how to create and maintain your own.
Blue Cheese Sourdough Bread
- 3 cup bread flour
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup active sourdough starter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2-3 tablespoons cornmeal, grits or polenta
- In a large bowl mix the flour, 1 cup water, starter and salt. The dough should be firm but sticky. If the dough is too stiff to mix add more water. Add more flour if it is runny.
- Place dough in a warm draft free place to rise overnight. I like to put it in the unheated oven.
- Punch down the dough and fold out on to a floured board. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup blue cheese and fold a few times.
- Form into a ball, and place on a large sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a towel.
- Proof at least 3 hours. To speed things up a bit, turn oven on to the lowest heat and immediately turn it off. Slide the bread onto a baking sheet and put it in the oven to rise.
- Remove bread from oven if you proofed it there. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal into the bottom of a Dutch oven. Lift the parchment paper by the edges and lower the loaf into the Dutch oven. Cut an x on top and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 50 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.