This adaptable Chicken Curry dish comes together in about 20 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights.
My favorite part of this dish growing up was the condiments. Mom would serve it with 5-6 different toppings and we could each add our own. I usually added lots of everything just because I could.
Keep this recipe in your meal plan rotation, mixing it up with turkey, shrimp or even tofu instead of the chicken.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Whip up this easy Chicken Curry while the rice is cooking and you’ll have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. #chicken #recipes” quote=”Whip up this easy Chicken Curry while the rice is cooking and you’ll have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. ” theme=”style2″]
Want more 30 minute dinner ideas? Check this out.
Suggested condiments to serve with the curry: raisins, chopped salted peanuts, chopped hard-boiled egg, bacon bits, chopped sweet or sour pickles, sweetened coconut flakes, chutney, chopped green onion, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flour all purpose or gluten free
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- dash ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-6 cups steamed rice for serving
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until almost all pink is gone. Remove from pan.
Melt butter in the skillet. Add onion and curry powder and sauté. Blend in flour and other seasonings. Cook until all is smooth.
Add broth and milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken and lemon juice and cook until chicken is heated.
- Serve over rice with choice of condiments suggested in notes. Let each person choose condiments and sprinkle over curry as desired.
We still need one new host for January! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.