This no sugar added Cranberry Apple Compote is delicious on its own as a dessert or side dish and it is wonderful on pancakes, and other dishes as well.
This recipe is so simple and easy to make. Besides eating this warm... from the pan... and chilled, I also enjoyed it a few other ways. First I topped it on a wheel of brie and wrapped it in some bread dough and baked it. Oh MY! Even my picky son enjoyed that one. Then I sauteed some greens and mixed it in at the end. Tasty and healthy.
I used my fancy apple corer slicer attachment for my mixer to make short work of the apple prep, but you can hand cut them if you want them chunkier.
Cranberry Apple Compote
- 4 apples
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Peel, core and cut apples. Apples can be cut into thin slices, wedges or chunks as desired.
- In a large skillet, toast pecans over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until apples are soft stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Fresh Cranberry Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.