This family friendly Holiday Sangria recipe is a colorful mocktail of fresh fall/winter fruits, juices and sparkling cider or non-alcoholic wine.
Since this isn’t made with a nice dry wine like a traditional Sangria, it could be called a fruit punch. But Sangria just sounds more festive. Obviously, if you want an adult only version just switch the fruit juice for a bottle of red wine (Pinot Noir, Merlot, etc. ).
It is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s or other holiday party when persimmons and cranberries are ripe. For the tea, I used Twinings Holiday Berry , but Bigelow Constant Comment, Celestial Sasonings’ Sugar Plum Spice or anyother orange or berry tea would also be good.
More Sangria Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Easy Sangria Recipes
- Family Friendly Holiday Sangria by That Recipe
- Late Harvest Sangria by Art of Natural Living
- Orange and Blackberry White Wine Sangria by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Apple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Family Friendly Holiday Sangria
- 3 berry, orange or other fruit tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 persimmons
- 1 pear
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1 tangerine (peeled)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 bottle sparkling cranberry juice
- Steep the 3 tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Dissolve sugar in the tea and set aside.
- Prepare fruit: Slice one persimmon in rings for garnish and set aside. and chop the other into 1/2 inch pieces. Peel orange and tangerine, slice into rings and break apart. Chop pear into 1/2 inch slices discarding the core.
- Place cut fruit and cranberries into pitcher and smash with a spoon lightly to muddle. Mix in tea and sparking cranberry juice. Chill before serving. Garnish with a slice of persimmon.