If you need a quick last minute gift this winter, grab a mason jar and fill it with this easy and delicious Hot Cocoa Mix, add a note with the instructions and you are done! Keep a few jars on hand for those “oops I forgot” occasions like neighbors, teachers, that person that got you something and you don’t have one for them… or am I the only spacey one here.
The recipe below makes about 10 cups, enough for 5 pint sized mason jars. Halve or even quarter it for home use. Unless you want a lot of hot cocoa on hand. Mmmmmm. My guys wouldn’t object.
Have some fun with the mason jars, or just use standard ones.
Here are some printable gift tags to attach to the jars
Check this post for more gifts in a jar ideas.
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered milk
- In a large bowl, sift in each of the ingredients to remove any lumps. Stir in the powdered milk, and whisk well until combined.
- Scoop into jars, or other container and store up to 6 months.
- To make cocoa, add 1/2 cup mix to 1/2 cup boiling water.
VariationsPeppermint: crush peppermint candies (starlight mints, candy canes, etc.) in a bag with a hammer or in the food processor to get about 1/4 cup. Stir in the mix before putting in jars Mocha: add 3-4 tablespoons of instant espresso powder (this is my favorite) to the mix before putting in jars. If using instant coffee add the equivalent amount of coffee needed to make 10 servings of coffee. Sugar Free: use the equivalent amount of your favorite powdered sugar free substitute for the powdered sugar (e.g., stevia or aspartame). Read the package directions - some only require 1/2 cup of the sugar free sweetener to equal 1 cup sugar.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.