These grilled pork chops with summer vegetables are a quick flavor packed summer meal. Just season with some fresh herbs and grill them up, healthy dinner in 30 minutes.
One of the great thing about summer vegetables and herbs is that they do not need a lengthy preparation to taste fabulous.
This dish is a great example: rub some pork chops with fresh herbs and toss them on the grill with some tender summer squash and top it with some easy homemade herbed butter.
For an extra dash of the dramatic, sprinkle everything with a pinch of Hawaiian Black Salt just before serving.
Quick and easy summer meal of grilled herb rubbed pork chops and summer squash served with herbed butter.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops approximately 1 inch thick
- 2-3 medium green zucchini
- 2-3 medium yellow zucchini
- 2-3 bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix butter and herbs together in a small bowl. Place in fridge.
Combine salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, and garlic thoroughly in a small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of pork chops until thoroughly covered. Set aside.
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut top and bottom off of the bell peppers (discard) and cut the remaining in 1 inch long strips. Cut the red onion into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Brush all vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat grill to medium. Place pork chops and vegetables over direct heat.
Cook the pork for 7-8 minutes turning once. Adjust cooking time if your chops are thinner or thicker than 1 inch or boneless. Cover the pork chops and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving.
Cook vegetables until "crisp tender" (heated throughout and softened but not soggy), about 5-7 minutes for the zucchini and 10-12 minutes for the onions and peppers.
Serve the pork chops and grilled summer vegetable medley with a pat of herbed butter.
Other grilled favorites:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.