This Herb and Garlic Potato Salad recipe is made without mayonnaise making it a great choice for picnics and cookouts without worries.
I had a bunch of beautiful baby potatoes from my CSA recently and I wanted something a little different than traditional country potato salad. My 1970's edition of Joy of Cooking had an intriguing recipe with "French Dressing" .
When I flipped to the dressing recipe I realized it was a vinaigrette not the tomato based concoction that is sold here in America and labeled as "French".
The directions say to serve it "tepid". It was delicious cold, warm and even heated.
Herb and Garlic Potato Salad
- 1 pound potatoes ((baby Yukon gold are excellent!))
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon French or brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped ((parsley, oregano, basil, etc.))
- Cut potatoes into quarters (or halves if small), place in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Boil until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and put in a large bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking, put olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt and pepper in a small jar.
- Shake dressing until blended and pour over warm potatoes. Add chopped fresh herbs and stir, breaking up potatoes to bite sized pieces. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve at room temperature.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.