These garlic and herb roasted artichokes are an easy and flavorful way to prepare this spring vegetable.
I usually steam artichokes, but recently I picked a few from my yard and decided to try them roasted instead. The herbs and garlic infuse their flavors into the artichoke especially the heart. And for an extra burst of flavor mix those roasted herbs and garlic with a little yogurt and mayonnaise for a dreamy dipping sauce.
Here’s a video tutorial for trimming artichokes for those that need it.
Fill artichoke halves with fresh herbs and garlic then make a creamy dip with the roasted garlic and herbs for dipping. So easy and flavorful.
- 2-3 large artichokes
- 1-2 large fresh lemons cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic peeled and roughly-chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley, basil, etc) roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Trimming the artichoke: Cut the stem leaving about 1/2 inch. Cut off the top 1/4-1/3. Remove tough leaves from bottom layer and use kitchen shears to trim the tips of any remaining leaves.
Slice the artichokes in half vertically. Use a spoon to remove the fuzzy part in the middle of the artichoke. Rub all of the cut surfaces with a lemon half to prevent browning. Place the artichoke halves on a baking sheet cut-side-up. Brush with the olive oil.
In a small bowl combine chopped garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff the artichoke cavities with the garlic herb mixture and carefully flip over. Brush the artichokes with oil, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Tent the artichokes with a piece of aluminum foil, and bake until the artichokes are tender and the leaves pull off easily, about 25 more minutes.
Drizzle the artichokes with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Remove the herbs and garlic and place in a mixing bowl with yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
Serve artichoke halves with dipping sauce on the side.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.