Italian Shredded Beef made quickly and easily in the pressure cooker.
Have you ever been to an Italian deli and had a shredded beef sandwich that is just dripping with flavorful juice? This is about as close as you are going to get to that flavor at home. And, it can be quickly made in the pressure cooker.
I got this recipe years ago except it was made with prepackaged mixes and cooked for hours in the slow cooker. I freshened it up a little with actual herbs and spices and popped it into my Instant Pot for 30 minutes. Same flavorful beef in an amazing juice.
This beef is traditionally served on a crusty roll with peppers like pepperoncini or some giardiniera and a slice of provolone cheese. Add a tablespoon or two of the juices on top of the beef, and maybe some extra on the side for dipping.
Italian Shredded Beef
- 2½ - 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-2 whole bay leaves
- Trim a tablespoon or so of fat from the roast and chop into bits. Place in the pressure cooker and melt over medium heat (Sauté mode in electric models).
- Brown the roast on all sides, a few minutes a side.
- Add remaining ingredients to pressure cooker and stir.
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Remove beef from pot and place on a cutting board or plate. Shred with two forks. Place beef back into the juices.
- Serve beef with a few tablespoons of juice on sandwich rolls with your choice of toppings: pepperoncini, giardiniera, provolone cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. You can also serve the juice on the side for dipping.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.