Air Fried Deviled Eggs are a keto friendly appetizer that is sure to spice up your next party.
I got some microgreens from the CSA and was chatting with my chef brother about what to do with them. He said they usually use them just as a garnish. And then he suggested I use them as a nest for Fried Deviled Eggs.
Fried Deviled Eggs? Say what now? This is a “thing”? Yes, it is. And they are delicious.
These can be deep fried if you prefer. But, I hate frying, especially such a small amount. So after a little research, I rolled them in pecan meal instead of the egg wash- panko mixture (low carb yeah!) and popped them in my air fryer.
Not only did I put them in a nest of kohlrabi microgreens I added some leek microgreens on top. But, use any fresh herbs you have. (Oh my, did I just sound like Ina Garten there?)
Delicious Deviled Eggs from #OurFamilyTable
Delicious Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Chipotle Deviled Eggs by Palatable Pastime
- Banh Mi Deviled Eggs by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs by Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad by Making MIracles
- Keto Air Fried Deviled Eggs by That Recipe
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs by Art of Natural Living
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Keto Air Fried Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- prepared horseradish to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan meal (finely ground pecans)
- microgreens, chopped chives or other fresh herbs for decorating
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, mayonnaise and horseradish until smooth.
- Fill each half egg just to the top with the egg yolk mixture. Do not over fill. Put the remaining mixture in the fridge.
- Put pecan meal in a small bowl. Set each egg half in the pecan meal and coat completely.
- Place in air fryer and "air fry" for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from air fryer, top with remaining filling and decorate with microgreens or herbs.