Air Fried Deviled Eggs are a keto friendly appetizer that is sure to spice up your next party.
I got some microgreens from the CSA and was chatting with my chef brother about what to do with them. He said they usually use them just as a garnish. And then he suggested I use them as a nest for Fried Deviled Eggs.
Fried Deviled Eggs? Say what now? This is a “thing”? Yes, it is. And they are delicious.
These can be deep fried if you prefer. But, I hate frying, especially such a small amount. So after a little research, I rolled them in pecan meal instead of the egg wash- panko mixture (low carb yeah!) and popped them in my air fryer.
Not only did I put them in a nest of kohlrabi microgreens I added some leek microgreens on top. But, use any fresh herbs you have. (Oh my, did I just sound like Ina Garten there?)
Delicious Deviled Eggs from #OurFamilyTable
Delicious Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Chipotle Deviled Eggs by Palatable Pastime
- Banh Mi Deviled Eggs by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs by Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad by Making MIracles
- Keto Air Fried Deviled Eggs by That Recipe
- Southwestern Deviled Eggs by Art of Natural Living
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Keto Air Fried Deviled Eggs are a delicious appetizer made with horseradish stuffed eggs rolled in pecan and toasted in an air fryer.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- prepared horseradish to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan meal (finely ground pecans)
- microgreens, chopped chives or other fresh herbs for decorating
Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
Combine egg yolks, mayonnaise and horseradish until smooth.
Fill each half egg just to the top with the egg yolk mixture. Do not over fill. Put the remaining mixture in the fridge.
Put pecan meal in a small bowl. Set each egg half in the pecan meal and coat completely.
Place in air fryer and "air fry" for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove from air fryer, top with remaining filling and decorate with microgreens or herbs.