Maple Roasted Salmon is a healthy meal ready in under 30 minutes.
This salmon recipe is incredible simple, but flavorful. Opt for a creamy Dijon for a smoother texture, unless you like coarse ground mustard seeds. My guys would snub it right away if they saw the tell tale signs of mustard on it, so I go smooth.
If you can, you should always opt for wild Pacific (Alaskan) salmon versus Atlantic. All Pacific salmon is wild while Atlantic salmon is almost all farmed. Both are healthy for you. But Pacific salmon are not endangered, and the Atlantic farming practices are not that great for the environment. Get more info at Eating Well.
Maple Mustard Roasted Salmon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4-6 wild-caught Alaskan center-cut salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine the mustard and maple syrup in a bowl. Put the salmon fillets on the prepared baking rack and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spread the mustard maple mixture on each salmon fillet. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until almost cooked through, approximately 12 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil, and broil for 1-2 minutes to caramelize the top.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.