This Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe is easy to make and makes a wonderful low sugar way to warm up on a chilly day.
This is one of my favorite weeks of the year, because #Choctoberfest is finally here! From now until the end of the week, I am joining forces with over 100 other bloggers from around the world to post delicious chocolate recipes. We have been sharing sneak peaks of our recipes with each other and let me tell you there are fabulous recipes for everything from drinks to desserts and even dinner! Chocolate lovers do not want to miss this! Be sure to scroll all the way through the post to see some of the recipes the other bloggers are sharing today.
#Choctoberfest prize pack
Oh, and there is a giveaway happening too. Thanks to our generous sponsors one lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018 and contacted via email. Good luck!
Don’t forget to come back to my blog for more chocolatey goodness between now and October 20.
Check out our participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ 27th and Olive ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ A Little Fish in the Kitchen ♥ addicted 2 recipes ♥ Amy’s Cooking Adventures ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥ April GoLightly ♥ At the Table with R and R ♥ Baking Sense ♥ Blade & Barbell ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Books n’ Cooks ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cook With Renu ♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥ CopyKat.com ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Growing Up Gabel ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks ♥ Home Sweet Homestead ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Intelligent Domestications ♥ jenniferbakes ♥ JoAnn’s Food Bites ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats ♥ LeMoine Family Kitchen ♥ Life on Food ♥ Life, Love, and Good Food ♥ Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥ Maria’s Mixing Bowl ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Must Love Home ♥ Norine’s Nest ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Our Sutton Place ♥ OVENTales ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Prettysweetblog ♥ Red Cottage Chronicles ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Reviews, Chews & How-Tos ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seasonal and Holiday Recipe Exchange ♥ Seasoned Sprinkles ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Simple Family Crazy Life ♥ Simply Inspired Meals ♥ Snacks and Sips ♥ Soulfully Made ♥ Stephie The Happy Mom ♥ Sumptuous Spoonfuls ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ The Gingered Whisk ♥ The Heritage Cook ♥ The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen ♥ The Olive Blogger ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ The Saucy Fig ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Trampling Rose ♥ Turnips 2 Tangerines ♥ Walking Fruitfully ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥ Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate with Forte Chocolate
Chocolate lovers like me will immediately identify with the philosophy of Forte Chocolate:
We believe that every moment of life is worth celebrating. For centuries, chocolate has been a key component in all manner of celebrations, whether as a beautiful wedding favor, an elaborate offering to the gods, or as a thoughtful thank you gift to those who have enhanced our lives. Chocolate has been used to ignite passions, capture the heart of a new love, to comfort a friend or soothe a broken heart, and as a way to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. To celebrate chocolate is to celebrate life!
They sent me this wonderful 3 pack of flavors to create some recipes for #Choctoberfest.
As you can see they have some unique flavor combinations making their products great for sweet as well as savory recipes. And they are delicious on their own… let’s just say the white chocolate lemon pepper did not get the chance to make it into a recipe after a few too many samplings :).
I knew both the Orange Jazz and Aztec Soul would be perfect for Mexican Hot Chocolate, which is traditionally unsweetened unlike the American version. Both were unique in their own way and I couldn’t tell you which I liked better.
Hop over to Forte Chocolate’s site to see all of the wonderful flavor packs they sent to the #Choctoberfest bloggers to try. And since they are so awesome they gave us a coupon code to share with you for buy 3 get 1 free bars: CHOCTOBERFEST2018. I will be checking out some of the flavors I didn’t get but the others said were amazing.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Warm up on a chilly day with some spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate.” quote=”Warm up on a chilly day with some spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate. ” theme=”style2″]
Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- ground cinnamon (for decoration)
- In a small saucepan, slowly heat milk, cinnamon and cloves over medium heat until just below the boiling point.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the spices and stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Pour into a blender and whip until frothy. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon.