Easy Maple Apple Jam is full of fall flavors of maple syrup, apples and warm spices like cinnamon and ginger without any unnecessary sugar.
This jam, like most jams, is simple enough to make: put all of the ingredients in the pot and boil until it gels. I use frozen spoons to test for the gel point. Stick two or three spoons in the freezer for a few hours before making. As the jam begins to thicken, pour a little of the jam onto the frozen spoon to quickly cool it. Slowly pour the cooled jam back into the pot. If the jam pours off in a sheet, as opposed to dripping off in globs, it is done. Keep cooking and testing until done.
This is a small batch recipe, enough for a few pints that I just keep in the fridge. You can make more and seal the jars in a boiling bath canner if you prefer.
Savor the tastes of Fall with this No Sugar Added Maple Apple Jam - maple syrup, apples and warm spices like cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- 2 pounds apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Freeze two metal tablespoons
Combine ingredients in a large non-reactive pot and bring to a boil.
Boil until mixture thickens and gels.
To test for gel point: As the jam begins to thicken, pour a little of the liquid onto the frozen spoon to quickly cool it. Pour the cooled jam back into the pot. If the jam pours off the spoon in a sheet, as opposed to dripping off in globs, it is done. Keep cooking and testing as needed.
Store in refrigerator or seal in mason jars in a waterbath canner.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.