This easy Orzo Pasta Salad recipe is layered with flavors to make it the perfect side dish along side your favorite summer grilled favorites.
Like most pasta salads this needs to be made ahead of time to let all of the delicious flavors come together.
Pro tip borrowed from Cook’s Country, or one of those shows: leave the pasta just slightly al dente and mix this together while the orzo is still warm. The pasta will soak up the dressing and finish cooking leaving you with a flavorful firm pasta salad instead of a mushy drippy one.
Orzo Pasta Salad is a refreshing twist on traditional pasta salad with fresh tomatoes, capers and a light lemon herb vinaigrette.
- 1 ½ cup dried orzo
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely minced
- 1 large large tomato (or 2 medium), chopped, seeds and excess liquid discarded
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon caper liquid
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme stems removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley stems removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook orzo according to package directions.
Saute olive oil and minced garlic in a skillet and over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes (until tomatoes become soft). Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, capers and liquid, lemon juice, thyme and parsley with the tomato and garlic mixture. Toss until thoroughly combined.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Season with salt and pepper, to taste before serving
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.