These Savory Mushroom Blue Cheese Muffins are equally delicious with dinner or breakfast. Or snack or brunch for that matter. And they are easy to make too.
Most people think of muffins as sweet treats, but they don't have to be. Savory muffins are delicious with just about any meal from breakfast to dinner.
And these Mushroom Blue Cheese Muffins are no exception. They start with sautéing mushrooms in some garlic, and then adding some chopped green onions and blue cheese to a basic muffin mix.
The flavor combination meant these disappeared quite quickly, with only a few left over to reheat for a second meal.
Thanks to Ashley at Cheese Curd in Paradise for gathering us together to give you plenty of additional Muffin recipe.
Celebrating National Muffin Day!
Mushroom Blue Cheese Muffins
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease cups of 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a small skillet sauté mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat egg slightly with a fork. Stir in milk, melted butter and cooked mushrooms.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just until moist. Divide batter evenly among 12 cups of muffin tin.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Blue Cheese Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!