Depending on your perspective, Sourdough Crepes are “tangy” crepes, or really thin sourdough pancakes. Either way they are a favorite in our house.
We eat them like regular crepes, for breakfast, dinner or dessert depending on what we choose for a filling. These were breakfast with some yogurt and a bit of jam and chocolate syrup.
The best way to get sourdough starter is to find a friend that has some. It only takes a tablespoon or so, added to some flour and water, and you will soon have your own luscious bubbling pot of sourdough. The best information on creating and caring for sourdough starter is on Sourdough Home.
Don’t be intimidated by crepes. They are really easy to make. You just need to remember some wisdom I gleaned from the one and only episode of Giada at Home I saw: “The first crepe is for the dog.” No matter how many times I make them, the first one never comes out quite right. Which is fine, I nibble on that as I make the rest since we do not have a dog. Ha Ha!
Don’t have sourdough? Try our traditional Crepe Recipe.
- 3/4 cups sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar depending on how sour the starter is
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Heat an 8 inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Combine starter, milk, butter, egg and sugar in a medium bowl. Add dissolved baking soda and mix thoroughly. Batter will be thin.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. To test if the pan is at the right temperature, place a tablespoon of batter in the middle, if it cooks completely in 20 seconds the pan is ready. Adjust the heat up or down if it cooks faster or slower.
- Respray pan if needed. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and swirl until completely coated. Cook for 20-30 seconds until crepe looks cooked and edges just begin to brown, flip, cook for another 20 seconds to brown the other side.
- Remove from pan place on a plate and cover with a clean towel to keep warm until finished cooking the remaining batter.
- Serve with a variety of toppings and let each person top as desired. Either roll or fold into quarters to eat.
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for October.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**|
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating!