If you need a simple healthy side dish with a bit of a kick to it, these Spicy Sesame Green Beans are my go to. I made these with yard long beans (aka asparagus beans) but they are equally delicious with fresh green beans.
My husband and I like our green beans crunchy so I don’t even bother boiling them first. But if you like them softer, precook them for about 5 minutes first and then just finish them in the sesame oil at the end.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Easy and delicious side dish with a little kick: Spicy Sesame Green Beans. #recipe #healthy #vegetables” quote=”Easy and delicious side dish with a little kick: Spicy Sesame Green Beans. #recipe #healthy #vegetables” theme=”style2″]
- 1 pound yard long beans aka asparagus beans or green beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- soy sauce to taste
- Trim ends of green beans and cut to desired length.
- If you like your beans softer, put in a saucepan covered with water and boil for 3-5 minutes. If you like them crunchy skip to the next step.
- In a large skillet heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Add beans and cook to desired softness. Splash with soy sauce and serve.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.