This spicy Snapper with homemade Mango Avocado Salsa makes for a flavorful, healthy and easy dinner.
The ingredient list may look long, but this healthy meal is so fast and easy to prepare. The creamy avocado and sweet mango in the salsa offer a nice balance to the spicy snapper.
If you want to use a store bought Cajun seasoning mix, feel free. But, keep this recipe on hand for when you run out because it is so easy to make your own and keep it on hand for kicking up any dish.
As with any fish, if you want to eat responsibly be sure to check Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch to make sure your fish is from a sustainable source.
Spicy Snapper with Mango Avocado Salsa
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 large mango peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- ½ small red onion diced
- ½ medium jalapeno pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you want it hotter)
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 5 ounce red or yellowtail snapper fillets
- In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and fresh cilantro. Add fresh lime juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the Cajun Seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the Cajun Seasoning on both sides of the snapper fillets and rub in gently.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets into the hot skillet and cook until they are nicely browned and flake easily with a fork, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Add remaining olive oil to the pan when flipping the fish.
- Serve the Mango Avocado Salsa over the cooked fish.
More Easy Fish Recipes
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.