This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Millican Pecan, Nairn’s , Republic of Tea and Taylor and Colledge USA, I have received goods to use in preparation of the recipes. All recipes and opinions and comments are my own.
Some may be thinking that Fall is a weird time for ice cream, but…
1) Fall temperatures often get in the 90s where I live (yes, we’ve gone swimming on Halloween)
2) my crew will eat ice cream 365 days a year.
This is a fun “cook once eat twice” dish or a make ahead dessert with ingredients you can make yourself or just buy at the store and assemble them at the last minute.
All you need for Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Waffles: I used the Chocolate Pecan Waffles I made a few weeks ago and froze half of them. But, you could buy premade frozen ones.
Ice Cream: You could opt for homemade (like this No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream) but I picked up a lovely butter pecan frozen yogurt that I had to hide from my husband to keep him from eating it all before I could make these.
Caramel Sauce: Again, you can make your own or grab some caramel ice cream topping or coffee syrup. Store bought for me, I struggle to make a decent caramel sauce. Optional: pick up some chocolate sauce and drizzle that on too for more chocolatey goodness.
Chopped Pecans: Not much to say here, buy them pre-chopped or chop them yourself.
All you need to do is crisp up the waffles in the oven and let them cool to room temperature, then assemble your sandwiches and serve.
Millican Pecans has all types of pecan products available from pecan halves, pecan meal, pecan shells (for barbecuing) , candies, coffee, syrup, oil even pecan butter.
Dixie Crystals has been the only sugar in my house for years now. I am a firm believer in pure cane sugar versus beet sugar. And that’s what Dixie Crystals is.
Flavors of Fall
I am joining with some of my favorite bloggers and sponsors to bring you plenty of Fall inspired recipes as well as a fun little giveaway.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valuea Rafflecopter giveaway
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen.
The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- chocolate waffles (store bought or recipe that follows)
- caramel sauce
- ice cream (vanilla, butter pecan, etc.)
- pecans (chopped)
- Make the waffles per the recipe (or package instructions) and let cool to room temperature. You still want them crisp, but don't want to melt the ice cream.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to one waffle. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with second waffle.
- Roll the sides in the chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.
Chocolate Pecan Waffles
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- ¼ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup sugar (or granulated sugar substitute)
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) baking chocolate (melted)
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans (or other nut or omit)
- Preheat waffle iron per manufacturer's directions.
- Separate eggs putting the whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form (the mountain that forms when you pull out the beater stays upright).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add chocolate and egg yolks to the sugar mixture and beat another minute until incorporated.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder (I reused the bowl from the egg yolks). Add flour alternately with the milk about half at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in nuts and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites by hand until mostly blended.
- Cook in waffle maker per manufacturer's instructions. NOTE: Waffles will be a bit soft when they are cooked but will crisp up in a minute or two.
Until next time, happy eating!