Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Looking for a fun summer appetizer? Try this flavorful Lemon Herb Flatbread.
Just whip these flatbreads up and serve to your guests while you grill up the rest of your meal.
Ingredients for Lemon Herb Flatbread
The ingredients are simple.
Bread Dough: the recipe below gives ingredients and instructions for a simple bread dough, but you can skip that and use frozen store bought bread dough if you prefer.
Lemons: pick your favorites or whatever you have on hand. I used Meyer because they are a bit sweeter than other varieties. Be sure to scrub the peel before slicing since you will be eating it.
Herbs: I used thyme flowers because my thyme was already blooming, but you can use whatever herbs you like. Basil, rosemary, tarragon and oregano all pair nicely with lemon.
Parmesan cheese: it is best if you have a wedge and slice it with a vegetable peeler then crumble so you get nice big chunks of cheese.
Coarse salt: Use pretzel salt or margarita salt and only add a small pinch just to make the flavors pop.
Lemon Week Recipes and Giveaway
Check out all of the delicious recipes the other Lemon Week bloggers are sharing today:
Friday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Fresh April Flours
- Grilled Chicken Piccata by Palatable Pastime
- Creamy Lemon Smoothie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Tarragon Salmon by Art Of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon Vanilla Shortbread Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Poppy Seed Thumb Print Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Pasta by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Tea Bread by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Lemon Cake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- LLemony Shrimp Pasta by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Crumb Muffins with Lemon Glaze by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Ice Cream by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake by Home Cooked Harvest
- Grilled Lemon Flatbread by That Recipe
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake by The Redhead Baker
- Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken and Gnocchi by Jonesin’ For A Taste
- Dragonfruit Lemonade by Magical Ingredients
Grilled Lemon Herb Flatbread
- ¾ cups warm water
- 1 packet yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium organic lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano, or tarragon)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, sliced thinly with a vegetable peeler
- pinch coarse salt (optional)
- In the measuring cup of warm water, add yeast and sugar and allow to sit for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
- While yeast is proofing, mix flour, salt and oil in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead until dough is elastic, approximately 5 minutes. Let rise for 1 ½ hours.
- Slice the lemon in half lengthwise then slice each half into very thin slices width wise. Place the lemons on the grill to get some grill marks, about 2 minutes a side
- Divide the dough into 4 -6 pieces depending on how large you want them to be. On a floured board roll into a circle approximately 8 inches in diameter.
- Lightly grill on one side over direct heat for about 1 minute to get grill marks. Remove from grill and add lemons, herbs and crumbled Parmesan to the COOKED side
- Turn off half of your burners or move coals out from one side of the grill. Put the flatbreads on the grill over indirect heat for a few minutes to grill the other side and melt the Parmesan, 3-5 minutes
- Remove from grill. Sprinkle with coarse salt (optional). Cut into slices and serve.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Until next time, happy eating!
Leave a Reply