This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Lemon Blueberry Jelly Roll is a bright and tangy taste of spring. Perfect for Spring celebrations like Easter, Mother's Day, my birthday... haha!
Rolled cakes are popular the world over with a variety of different names and flavors (Swiss cake, roulade, roll cake, Bisquitrolle, roulada, pionono, brazo de gitano, etc.).
This jelly roll recipe is easy to make with a soft spongy lemon cake rolled up with an easy homemade blueberry jam.
Tricks to Baking Rolled Cakes
Trick #1: Use parchment paper to line the pan and run it up the sides. It will make removing the cake from the pan so much easier.
Trick #2: Do not overbake. Remove the cake from the oven as soon as the center is fully baked to prevent the edges from drying out.
Trick #3: Sprinkle with powdered before rolling the first time. This will prevent the towel from sticking to the cake when you unroll it.
Thank you Sponsors
A big thank you to our sponsors for the supplies to make this cake roll.
Dixie Crystals is the only sugar in my house, for years! I am a firm believer that pure cane sugar makes a difference in the quality of my baking and canning.
facebook - instagram - pinterest - twitter
The Anolon baking pan is perfect for cake rolls, cookies and even pan pizza.
facebook - instagram - pinterest - twitter
Please do not make me choose which Taylor and Colledge extract is my favorite. The lemon, lavender, almond, vanilla are all wonderful.
facebook - instagram - twitter
Be sure to keep scrolling past the recipe to get some Spring Sweets Week deliciousness including more recipes and a giveaway.
Lemon Blueberry Jelly Roll
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
- powdered sugar
- In a medium sauce pan combine blueberries, ½ cup sugar and lemon juice. Mash the blueberries with a spoon or potato masher to release some juices.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally (and mashing more blueberries) until mixture is thick like jam and reduces to about 1 ¼ - 1 ½ cups. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 11 x 17 inch or 13 x 18 pan with a little butter or shortening. Line with parchment paper and grease the top of the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs on medium-high speed and gradually add ¾ cup sugar and lemon extract. (Use a stand mixer with whisk attachment if available).
- Continue whipping until very thick and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes.
- Fold flour mixture gently into the egg mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until center springs back when touched, 12 to 17 minutes (the size of your pan will alter the cooking time so start watching at 12 minutes).
- Remove cake from oven and sift some powdered sugar lightly over the top. Place a clean dishtowel on top. Place a large cutting board, flat tray, etc. on top of the towel and invert the cake. Remove the pan and gently remove the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake and the towel from the short end. Place on a cooling rack seam side down and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Unroll cake. Spread blueberry jam over the cake leaving a ½ inch border. Reserve some jam for decorating the top if desired.
- Reroll the cake tightly and place on a serving plate. Let cake cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and decorate with remaining jam and lemon slices if desired.
More Rolled Cake Recipes
Spring Sweets Week Recipes & Giveaway
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Flowers are starting to bloom, the weather is getting warmer, and we're celebrating with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So say bye bye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Shortbread Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Carrot Bundt Cake from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Carrot Halwa Ice Cream from Magical Ingredients
- Coconut Pudding with Dragon Fruit from Shockingly Delicious
- Crystalized Ginger Scones with Sake Poached Asian Pears from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easter Candy Crack Bars from Cookaholic Wife
- Easter Charcuterie Board from Devour Dinner
- Frozen Lemonade Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hummingbird Cupcakes from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Bundt Cake from Jen Around the World
- Key Lime Pie from Blogghetti
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Jelly Roll from That Recipe
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Posset Tart from Art of Natural Living
- Lemon Scones with Lavender Glaze. from Family Around the Table
- Mocha Cream Puffs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orange Unicorn Doughnuts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Lavender Muffins from Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Mascarpone Cheesecakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity.
We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
I've made different types of confectionaries involving blueberries, like cakes, buckles, cobblers but I never made a jelly roll cake before. I want to try this very soon.