Nutella Brownie Sundaes, also known as what I did when my brownies caved in deeper than the Grand Canyon.
Sigh. Tell me I am not the only one that has over-mixed brownies and had them collapse in the middle?
I know you are supposed to mix the ingredients just until they are wet and blended and no more. If you do over-mix you will add too much air to the batter. Unlike a cake, when you want the extra air. Brownie batter is heavier and if you add too much air it will poof up quickly in the oven and then will fall in on itself.
But, I had gone to all of the trouble to make the Nutella Swirled Black Bean Brownies for our black bean and mayonnaise Crazy Ingredient Challenge. Yes, you read that right. I made delicious gluten free brownies with black beans and mayonnaise. They tasted amazing! And I refused to just through them in the trash.
So, I made sundaes out of them:
- brownies (any kind you want, but the Nutella Swirl ones are fabulous)
- ice cream (we had chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer)
- "chocolate hazelnut spread" aka Nutella (not a sponsor)
Another option was to freeze them and eventually add them to Bread Pudding. Or make truffles out of them by rolling them into little balls and dipping in candy melts.
Tell me, what do you do when you have a recipe fail?
[Tweet "What do you do when your brownies fail? I made sundaes. #recipefail #baking #chocolate"]
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.