This Roasted Garlic Hummus is an easy and healthy vegan dip that is perfect for any party or alongside your favorite Mediterranean dishes.
Hummus is a wonderfully adaptive dish that can be made with a variety of ingredients and additions (like this Beet Hummus recipe). It is great as a dip or a spread like mayonnaise.
Roasted garlic is a wondrous thing, even if it takes a little time to prepare. The roasting processes gives it a delightfully mellow nutty taste.
You can roast the garlic in advance while preparing other roasted vegetables or dishes in the oven then store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container covered in olive oil for up to one week.
I have a garlic roaster like this one I received as a gift.
But the aluminum foil method listed below works just as well. It's just not as decorative.
Garlic Lovers Recipes
If you need more garlic recipes, check out these from some of my favorite bloggers:
- 30 Minute Garlic Parmesan Rolls by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Drunken Garlic Crock Pot Roast by Palatable Pastime
- Garlic and Cheese Country Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Garlic Bread Carbonara by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Garlic Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Garlic Parmesan Crispy Baked Chicken by Sweet Beginnings
- Grain Free Garlic Naan by Frugal & Fit
- Peanut Garlic Tabouleh by Art of Natural Living
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Garlic Chicken by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Roasted Garlic Hummus
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 large head garlic
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, celery, etc.)
- Kalamata olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- smoked paprika (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top off garlic head and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add remaining hummus ingredients except sea salt to a blender or food processor. Remove roasted garlic cloves from outer skin and add to the container.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- To serve: transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables and Kalamata olives.
Hummus is always a favorite of mine! Can't wait to try this one! It looks delish!
Oh my there is nothing better than roasted garlic. It's totally worth the extra effort.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Hummus is so good. Roasted garlic would make it even better!
It took me a while to like hummus. But now I can't get enough of it! This looks and sounds divine.