Spicy Garlic Hummus will kick up your meals and snacks. It is easy to make and healthy too!
I needed some aquafaba for the Vegan Chocolate Torte posted on Sunday. So, after I poured off the liquid to use as a vegan egg substitute I had a whole can of chickpeas. What to do, what to do?
Hummus, of course! Truthfully, I do not really like the taste of chickpeas, but once they are all blended up with spices, tahini and other flavors into delicious creamy goodness I will devour it.
To make this extra creamy, I borrowed a trick from Cook's Illustrated and added the ingredients in three steps instead of dumping it all in at once. I think the result was a much smoother texture.
Other Hummus recipes:
Spicy Garlic Hummus
- 15 ounce can chickpeas ( drained and rinsed)
- 2-3 large cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- ⅓ cup tahini
- In a blender or food processor pulse chickpeas, garlic and spices until almost fully ground, about 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Combine lemon juice and water in a small bowl. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the lemon juice water combo. Continue blending for 1 minute, pausing to scrape down sides as needed.
- Combine tahini and olive oil in a small bowl. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the tahini mixture and keep blending until hummus is smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds, scraping the sides as needed.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Thank you for hosting! This is what I featured the week of 7-20 to 7-24 on my blog. On Tuesday was a No Bake Coconut Cream pie. Wednesday an old Fashioned Pecan Pie. Thursday was a Nutella Cream Pie. And winding up this week of Pies was my post, Tip Friday The Perfect Crust. Enjoy!