Mediterranean Layer Dip combines hummus with fresh vegetables, herbs and other goodness for a delicious and healthy party dip.
Here's a delicious Mediterranean twist on the traditional 7 layer dip. Hummus, tzatziki, fresh vegetables and herbs along with feta and Kalamata olives all stacked up for healthy flavor in every bite.
You can use store bought hummus or whip up your own using this Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe or kick it up a bit with this Spicy Garlic Hummus. Or use one of the versions from the OFT bloggers below.
More Hummus Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Hummus is such a versatile and easy dip to make. Here's some inspiration from some of my favorite bloggers:
More Hummus Recipes:
- Hummus Kozhukattai/Hummus and Rice Steamed Dumplings from Magical Ingredients
- Layered Mediterranean Dip from That Recipe
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggsfrom A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Middle Eastern Nachos from The Art of Natural Living
Mediterranean Layer Dip
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and cut in half)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ small red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (divided)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried, divided)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1½ cup hummus (store bought or homemade)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (chopped)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Dice half of the cucumber and combine in a medium bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic powder, and half of the oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the Tzatziki sauce by shredding the remaining cucumber with a box grater. Combine in a medium bowl with Greek yogurt, minced garlic, dill, and the remaining oregano and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Just before serving, spread the hummus into a uniform layer on small serving platter (or in an 8” x 8” casserole dish).
- Top the hummus with an even layer of the Tzatziki sauce from Step #2.
- Use a slotted spoon to drain excess liquid from the seasoned tomato, red onion, and cucumber mixture from Step #1 before spreading on top of the Tzatziki sauce.
- Sprinkle olives, crumbled feta and fresh chopped parsley evenly across the top. Serve with vegetables or pita chips or wedges of pita bread.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Healthy Dip Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
This dip is gorgeous and would be perfect to lay out at a party. Love all the flavors and the pops of color.