Before we jump into another Tasty Tuesdays Link Up with fabulous recipes shared by my fellow bloggers, I want to share this recipe for Hot Water Pie Crust with you because I am already in the Holiday spirit.
I have a fear of pie crusts, they intimidate me. I have ruined far too many (yes, one is too many in my book). So when I saw this recipe in an old cookbook from the PBS Series Cooking from Quilt Country: Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens, I knew I had to give it a try.
It worked!! The original recipe calls for lard, but I substituted shortening. I will have to try it again with some butter mixed in too.
And look at what I made with it … Pecan Maple Cream Tassies.
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked uphere before or they will be deleted.Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.