Make a double batch of mashed potatoes the next time you make them, then toss in some cooked salmon and eggs and you have a quick and easy meatless (and gluten free) meal with these Salmon and Potato Pancakes.
You can use canned salmon if you want, or quickly steam a fillet. I don’t usually get into food politics, but in the case of salmon I will highly recommend that you only buy wild Alaskan salmon for health and environmental reasons. For this recipe, since I didn’t have any canned of cooked salmon ready, I just did a quick steam and then tossed it in with the rest of the ingredients.
Paired with a nice salad, this made a great Lenten lunch on Friday paired with my brother’s Creamy Feta Sauce. For dinner you may want to double the recipe depending on how many you are serving.
For those that don’t like fish, you could add in leftover corned beef for a corned beef hash pancakes instead of the salmon.
[Tweet “Salmon and Potato Pancakes, an easy and delicious #meatless and #glutenfree meal.”]
We have a new co-host for the month of March!
Melissa from The Happy Idiot will be sharing this party on her blog every Tuesday in March and also helping pin any recipes that are linked up past #125!
We would ask you to please follow her on one of her social medias!
Thank you, Melissa, for joining us in March to co-host this party.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.