When one of my oldest and dearest friends posted she was not going to be with her family on Thanksgiving for the first time in her life, her family was quick to mention that her signature Clam Dip would be missed. Ha ha! Well, you know I had to beg for any recipe that produces a reaction like that. Luckily, Shan was quick to oblige me.
I may or may not have eaten what you see in the photo for lunch that day. And my son may or may not have told me to go away because my breath stunk…
You probably want to go a bit easy on the garlic at first and then adjust it before serving. Unless you really like garlic and want to annoy your 8 year old son.This garlicky Clam Dip is sure to be a hit at your next party.Click To Tweet
An easy Clam Dip Recipe with plenty of garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Great for parties. Serve with chips or vegetables or fill a bread bowl.
- 3 cans chopped clams 6.5 ounce size
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounce size
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- pepper to taste
- Drain 2 cans of clams. Drain the final can BUT reserve the juice from this can for thinning the dip.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 or 3 cloves chopped garlic and a few tablespoons of sour cream. Thin to desired consistency with clam juice and a little extra sour cream. Make the dip thin enough the chip won't break but not soupy.
- Add a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Fold in the chopped clams gently so they do not completely fall apart.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Add more chopped garlic, Worcestershire and pepper as needed.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.