Southwestern Black Bean Chili is an easy and hearty chili that will warm you up on a chilly day.
This black bean chili recipe started as the Chasen’s Chili recipe and morphed based on what I had in the pantry. I also took a hint from some of the fabulous recipes in Choctoberfest and added some chocolate for extra richness. The result was addicting.
Pair it with some cornbread and a salad. Dinner in under an hour. YUM!Delicious and quick Southwestern Black Bean Chili makes an easy weeknight meal.Click To Tweet
This Southwestern Black Bean Chili is a comforting mildly spiced chili with corn and black beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans 15 ounce diced tomatoes
- 2 cans 15 ounce black beans
- 1 can 15 ounce corn
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper optional
In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onions until translucent.
Brown ground beef, drain of excess fat if needed.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.