I am dropping a big hint for my boys for Mother’s Day. This mom LOVES Carrot Cake! This Carrot Cake Roll looks impressive but is actually easy to make and perfect for those of us that were born without the cake decorating gene. And the pineapple cream cheese filling makes this taste absolutely amazing. Be sure to keep scrolling past the recipe to enter to win one of two $125 gift cards in our Mother’s Day Giveaway.
You might be thinking “I don’t see any carrots in there.” That’s because, from painful experience, I have learned to use pureed carrots because Sir Snubs A Lot does not like to see the carrots in his Carrot Cake or Carrot Bread. He knows they are in there, and will readily eat it, but if he can see flecks of carrots I hear “But Mooooooom! You made it WRONG!” The joys of motherhood, amiright?
If you have never made a roll cake before here are a few tips
1 – parchment paper is a must (not waxed paper, foil might work if you grease it first)
2 – roll it while it is hot to prevent breakage
3 – unroll gently when the cake is completely cool
4 – go a little thin on the filling on the edges, more than likely when you re-roll it the filling will squirt out the sides. big mess, waste of filling!
[clickToTweet tweet=”This Carrot Cake Roll with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling is as delicious as it is lovely (and it is so easy to make). #carrotcake #recipe” quote=”This Carrot Cake Roll with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling is as delicious as it is lovely (and it is so easy to make). ” theme=”style2″]
Carrot Cake Roll with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pureed carrots
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple drained with juice reserved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, and carrots until smooth.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder nutmeg and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until fully combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cooked, about 14 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some of the powdered sugar on a large tea towel and place sugar side down on top of the cake. Place a cutting board or wire rack on top and invert the cake.
- Remove the parchment paper, fold the sides of the towel over the cake. Roll the cake up in the towel and cool in the refrigerator thoroughly, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- With an electric mixer, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter and crushed pineapple. Thin slightly with the reserved pineapple juice. You want it spreadable but not too runny.
- Carefully unroll the cooled cake and spread the mixture on top of the cake.
- Gently re-roll the cake up and refrigerate it until you're ready to slice and serve. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Now on to the giveaway!
We are so excited to be giving away $250 in cash prizes for Mother’s Day to two lucky readers.
The prize will consist of 2 – $125 gift cards. Each winner will choose the gift card you want. Please choose a gift card which comes from an online store and can be paid by US dollars. EX: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Kohls, etc. You may ask for more than one gift card but must add up to $125.
Now its time to meet our wonderful co-hosts who have made this giveaway possible.
Kenyatta at My Design Rules | Kim at Shopping Kim | Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom | Jeanne at Home Garden Joy | Holly at Pink Fortitude | Dana at Create to Donate | Trish at By Trish Sutton | Tammy at Creative K Kids | Susan at Culinary Envy | Meredith at The Mom of the Year | Audrey at That Recipe | Linda at A Labour of Life | Leslie at Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After | Sinea at Ducks ‘n a Row | Penny at Penny’s Passion | Habiba at Craftify My Love | Gladys at Moms to Grandmas | Mitch at Gay NYC Dad | Emily at Domestic Deadline | Kristin at White Arrows Home | Michelle at Our Crafty Mom | Beverly at Eclectic Red Barn | Marie at The Inspiration Vault | Melissa at Deliciously Savvy | Pam at P.S. I Love You Crafts| Tammy at My Life Abundant
Please stop by and say hi to these wonderful ladies and their blogs.
The giveaway will end midnight on Friday, May 11th, a few days before Mother’s Day. You will have 48 hours to respond to the email claiming the prize. If we don’t hear in 48 hours, we will choose another winner. The giveaway is open to anyone over 18 years of age and able to receive e-gift cards from the U.S.
a Rafflecopter giveaway