These Baked Chicken and Vegetable Egg Rolls are quick, easy, flavor packed, healthy, fun, frugal, adaptable, customizable and freezable. That’s a lot of words for a little pocket of goodness.
I baked these because I did not have enough oil to fry them. Since these crisp up so quickly frying is actually not as unhealthy as you might think. Follow the directions on the egg roll wrappers.
If you want to save them in the freezer for a later meal, just under cook them slightly, freeze in a zip to lock bag then defrost and bake until crisp again.Chicken and Veggie Egg Rolls are a deliciously healthy weeknight fast meal. Click To Tweet
- 1 pound chicken breast or thighs cut into very thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 carrots shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- non stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute onions, garlic and ginger until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add chicken strips and cook until most of the pink is gone.
Add oyster sauce and cook on medium for 1 minute.
Add cabbage and carrots and cook for a few more minutes until the cabbage begins to soften (cook longer if you like softer vegetables)
Place an egg roll wrapper as a diamond in front of you. Add a few tablespoons of filling horizontally in the center.
Fold the bottom up, then sides in, then roll tightly. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Finish with remaining ingredients. Spray egg rolls with cooking spray.
Bake at 425 until crispy, about 15 minutes.
If you have ever considered hosting a party — and you post regularly about food, then we need your help! This is what is required to be a host of Tasty Tuesday parties:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is email@example.com. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.